Birthday reflections

Today I turn 21 again! Yup, AGAIN!

Ok…..so maybe that’s a farse……

I’ll be a whopping 34!

AH, To get older and wiser – each year I try to take time to think back to what I’ve learned and what my ‘plan’ is for the next year.

Ever since I turned 30 I have felt more ‘myself’ and have grown into WHO I am as a person. I have to say that 33 was a pretty big year of progression!

-> I LEARNED that I can still evolve as a person in my 30s – I feel I’ve shifted from being a problem FINDER, into a problem SOLVER.  I feel I have grown a TON in my Faith and letting God have my heart to help me control my life that way instead of in my brain through my own actions.

-> I LEARNED that you are NEVER too old for Disney Annual Passes. Ever.

21DisneyDay53114

IMG_6676

-> I LEARNED that family comes first and foremost. Even if things are 100% perfect. They’re ALWAYS there for you no matter what, good times and bad.

IMG_6796

-> I LEARNED ANYTHING REALLY IS POSSIBLE with hard work, dedication, prioritization, and FOCUS on ONE step at a time.

13148_730332833701745_7856474489652923594_n

-> I LEARNED that being in your 30’s doesn’t mean you’re old – like I did when I was a teenager and kid – that it means a rebirth of sorts for life and seeing things in a whole new light!

I announced something so BIG and UNBELIEVABLE to me still on my Facebook page this past week….and CANNOT WAIT for what 34 has in store!!

Do you take time to reflect on each year we grow YOUNGER?

December 10, 2014, 7:44 am

oh you KNOW I DO.
    and at 45 Id not go back to any other age for ANYTHING.

xoxo
    Carla recently posted…#4 reason I’ll always love Oakland.My Profile

December 10, 2014, 7:58 am

I think you learned some pretty great things in year 33. I always like to reflect and see how young I feel as I get older. It’s so funny… I used to think 30 was SO OLD when I was a teen. Now I know that these are our best years! Happy Happy Birthday and CONGRATS on your new opportunity 🙂
    Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com recently posted…WIAW: Just a Typical Day at the OfficeMy Profile

December 10, 2014, 8:22 am

Happy happy birthday my friend!!

I gotta say I don’t think I’ve grown as much as I have in my 30s. These 5 years have so shaped who I am and all for the better.

Here’s to tons more awesome things for you in this year!!
    Diana recently posted…Turkey Day 10k recapMy Profile

December 10, 2014, 1:49 pm

Thank you girlie! xo

December 10, 2014, 9:14 am

Happy happy birthday Kat!!!!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…#RRGRunStreak Day 200!!!!!My Profile

December 10, 2014, 9:22 am

Happy Birthday Kat! 33 was a great year for you, and I can’t wait to follow along in year 34!
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Holiday Fit List (A Gift Guide for Runners)My Profile

December 10, 2014, 11:28 am

A very special birthday wish to you Kat. You have done remarkable things this past year and I love that you have followed your passion and dream to a bigger place. Can’t wait to see how things go for you in 2015! And have a cupcake today, or maybe 2!
    Pam recently posted…It’s my turn!My Profile

December 10, 2014, 1:48 pm

Thanks so much Pam!

December 10, 2014, 11:49 am

Happy Birthday!!!!! Yes, you are never too old for a Disney Pass, I keep telling my Husband that! (if only we lived closer than 5 hours away).

Also, I think the 30’s are pretty great (i mean, i’ve only been in them for about 4 days – but so far so good!)

December 10, 2014, 1:48 pm

haha, it’s a fun decade so far!

December 10, 2014, 11:53 am

Happy happy birthday!!! 🙂
    Lora recently posted…Dance in the rain!My Profile

December 10, 2014, 12:00 pm

Happy bday Kiki! You’ve grown and learned so much and I cannot wait to see how much farther you go! Super inspired by all you’ve accomplished!
    Beth recently posted…100 Things About Me UPDATED!My Profile

December 10, 2014, 8:39 pm

Happy birthday, I do feel we learn more and more every year. And yes, never to old for Disney or any other fun like that.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Holiday Entertaining: Kick it up with cranberry!My Profile

December 11, 2014, 4:08 am

I love what you learned at 33! I’m 27 next year, and instead of being fearful of approaching my thirties, like some friends, I feel like that is where life is really going to BEGIN, where I’m going to take CHARGE!

You’re such a great example for all of that, and I’m so excited to see what your next year will bring.
    <3!