You, too, can Push-up!

Ah, the ever-elusive push-up. I remember back in 2010 or so when I did Insanity and they were ALL OVER those workouts. I felt discouraged at first until I realized that if I took the time to start ‘at the bottom’ and work my way up, I would build the muscles needed and eventually could do a push-up like none-other!

I’ve gotten some questions from clients and students about how to improve push-up form, so here are some tips to help you get it down!

Have you worked on push-up form yourself?

What other exercise do you feel you had to work on progressions with to get better over time?

February 23, 2015, 9:53 am

Heck yeah we can all push ups! Modifications till you gain the full strength then BOOM you can push up!
    Renee @ Bendiful Blog recently posted…10 Kale Recipes that are NOT ChipsMy Profile

February 23, 2015, 2:34 pm

It’s all mind over matter – and form 😉

February 23, 2015, 12:24 pm

Oh, pushups. One day, I will have these perfected 🙂 My upper body needs a great deal of work, but I’m trying. One step at a time, right?
    Jenn recently posted…weekly recap: 2/15 – 2/21My Profile

February 23, 2015, 2:33 pm

You can totally do it Jenn!

February 23, 2015, 2:40 pm

HA! Love push-ups! Except for when you’ve done too many arm balances—then WOWZA–they hurt like crazy! Good tutorial. 🙂
    Lora recently posted…Triple Chocolate Gluten-Free Cookies (+Giveaway)My Profile

February 23, 2015, 3:20 pm

Great video! Push-ups are one of my week areas that I’m always working on. There’s no shame in starting on your knees and working your way up 😉 Great job sharing the modifications. Another great idea if you’re really de-conditioned is to start on the wall!
    Becky Fox recently posted…5 Reasons Food Pisses Me Off (And What I Do About It)My Profile

February 24, 2015, 8:53 am

I used to practice my push-ups all the time when I was in the Air Force. Not so much now, however the posts I’ve been reading lately about them make me want to start again
    Ivanna recently posted…Never, Ever, Ever Give UpMy Profile

February 24, 2015, 8:57 am

I’m currently working on my push up form and this is super helpful. Can you just meet me and the gym and correct me? 😛 Thanks for sharing!
    Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…Healthy Kitchen SwapsMy Profile

March 2, 2015, 12:00 am

[…] the body good: You Too Can Pushup via Katrina Elle 10 Jumps A Day To Keep Osteoporosis At Bay via Be Truly Nourished How To Go From […]

March 3, 2015, 4:03 am

[…] Reasons You Should Try Bodyweight Training + A New WAHM Workout – Mussel FIT You, Too, Can Pushup! – Katrina Elle Four 30-Minute Workouts – Peanut Butter Fingers You Only Get Better By […]