Pushing past the FEAR

Just 3 months ago I decided to leave a very big part of my life …

my “Big Girl” day job.

I’d been working there for 14 years, I started when I was 19 – I was just a baby! I worked hard over the course of a little over a year to take a leap of faith and be able to have Fitness as my “Full Time Job” and posted about that HERE.

I’m not going to lie to you and tell you it’s been all rainbows and butterflies since I came home – I am definitely the “worrying type” and have had my moments where I began to doubt myself…

I began to wonder if I made the right decision….

If I would be okay doing what I was doing and being self-employed….

I started to realize that FEAR was holding me back from what I was truly called to do – my reason for being here in the first place!

Have you ever really taken the time to see what the word: FEAR stands for?

fear

Many of us have the habit of NOT doing things because they scare us. Most times, nothing bad has happened, but it’s the FEAR of what COULD happen that stops us dead in our tracks.

“I can’t leave my day job because I have bills to pay – it’s what I HAVE TO DO …”

“I can’t start that workout program because it looks way too hard, I could never do that…”

“Why even start to save up for that vacation, the money will have to be used for something else anyway – always does..”

I’ve had to take moments to CATCH MYSELF and realize that I was creating my own negative perceptions of what I was afraid of. I had nothing to be afraid of other than things I created in my own head.

If I continue to stick to my focus word for 2015 and help others, success will come as a direct result. If I wasn’t meant to be doing what I was doing, I wouldn’t be in the situation I am in now. I HAVE TO REMEMBER MY PURPOSE.

Are you guilty of fabricating fear on your own?

How do you push past your fear?

March 25, 2015, 8:15 am

I think running has made me much more fearless, but also age is certainly a factor, particularly in retirement. I guess I am more of a stressed person than a fearful person. Being late, that sort of thing is what I worry about!
    Pam recently posted…A missed PR or goal time does not equal a bad raceMy Profile

March 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

Once we push past it we see how limitless life is!

March 25, 2015, 5:59 pm

I’m sooo guilty of this! I let fear get in the way too many times! Good for you girl for overcoming it! So proud of you!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…Biggest Loser Half Training Week 2!My Profile

March 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

We hold ourselves back don’t we??

March 25, 2015, 7:35 pm

LOVE that acronym!

March 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

Thanks mama – it’s so powerful!

March 25, 2015, 7:42 pm

I can so relate. I am typically a bit of a risk taker, but I let fear control me in more subtle ways. example- my relationship with food. Deep down I feel like I’m afraid that if I loose the extra 10 lbs I carry around… I don’t know. I guess I’m so used to it, it’s like an old friend that prevents me from feeling empty. Am I even making sense? Probably not, but I’m very aware of my 10 lb friend.
    Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted…Comment on The “What If” Weed by Laura @ Mommy Run FastMy Profile

March 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

I call my ‘extra lbs’ by another name haha!

March 26, 2015, 2:25 pm

Oh man! I only get scared of….. JUMPING – lol… And guess what? WE DONT HAVE TO JUMP in order to succeed in life. The jumping I am talking about is bungee jumping and sky diving by the way LOL

March 29, 2015, 7:31 am

[…] Pushing Past The FEAR via Katrina Elle – Are you fabricating your own fear? […]

April 10, 2015, 7:23 am