Why we need WATER

It’s all around us, right? WATER … in the sky … in our lakes and ponds and oceans…in our BODIES!

Did you know that the Earth is about 70% water and WE are about 60% body weight in WATER?

Water is essential [for our fitness] because:

✓ It helps us get rid of toxins, protects our internal organs and tissues

✓ Your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion – it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water!

✓ It takes water to burn fat and also to fuel and grow muscle

Drink More Water

How much water are we talking about here?

✓ 2-3 Liters a day (women to men, and at a minimum) is the goal, peeps! – I’m not saying to go overboard – try not to sit in a swimming pool and drink ALL of the water. There IS such thing as TOO much, but there is also such thing as NOT ENOUGH 😉 Don’t go gettin’ all crazy on me…

So, how can we do this?

We can make it FUN with a clever water bottle marking times of the day to drink water … by carrying enough to finish by the end of the day (ME) and using fun Apps that can track water intake (i.e. Plant Nanny or My Fitness Pal!)
I’ve even made a game of looking at times, every hour I want to have drank 16 oz. at least of water, but you can start with 8 oz! BABY STEPS, especially on the bladder 😉 KEEP IN MIND Plain Coffee and Tea isn’t horrible for you either – it’s what we PUT IN IT that matters!

TRUST ME, I know you’re thinking “But Kat, I have to pee ALL of the time!”

images

I know, I did too … but just like with any new change in our routine, we get used to it my friends – scout’s honor.

How do you remind yourself to get enough water in the day?

How do you feel now – for those of you who increased your input – with it flowing through your body?

Pee all of the time at first + be healthier > have issues from not enough water?

June 10, 2015, 12:03 pm

I love this post! I am 100% with you! Water is so essential. I have a new bkr bottle and I love drinking out of the glass instead of plastic!

June 10, 2015, 1:07 pm

I agree – hydration is sooo important! And most of us forget that we need to be consistently drinking water throughout the day.

June 10, 2015, 10:09 pm

so true. We always had very hard water & had a softener system added this year. Since it is now tasty straight from the tap I’ve been drinking a lot more water. And have fewer headaches. Apparently it is softened with potassium & more of that is supposed to be good for you too.
    Stacey recently posted…Silicon Devices Bluetooth Wireless Headphones ReviewMy Profile

June 11, 2015, 11:53 am

My husband will let it mellow and I get a little upset from time to time. His pee stinks. <—– No! That's not asparagus I smell. His urine is bright yellow and leaves a residue on the toilet bowl if it sits too long. TMI?
    Your post and my post from today kinda goes together. Hydration with Hydro Flask. (genius)
    Haley recently posted…Product Review – Hydro Flask Water BottleMy Profile

June 11, 2015, 7:09 pm

Great post! I’ve been working on upping my daily water intake. I do challenge myself to drink so many ounces by such a time, etc. It does help!
    Shannon @GirlsGotSole recently posted…Marathon Training in the HeatMy Profile

June 11, 2015, 7:59 pm

I am obsessed with drinking water. I am never without it. Seriously, I have daily chronic headaches and must stay hydrated to keep them under control. Even if I didn’t get headaches I think I would still drink a gallon or more a day. I never drank soda or juice so it is my go to beverage.
    Beth recently posted…The Land of Love: Where Kitschy Meets Marketing GeniusMy Profile

June 11, 2015, 11:28 pm

Yes Ill be honest having to use the bathroom all of the times is a big deterrant for me from drinking the suggested amount of water each day.

I need to up my intake though and your tips are great to helping me remember to drink enough water.
    Tia recently posted…Legitimate Mystery ShoppingMy Profile

June 11, 2015, 11:43 pm

I DO NOT DRINK ENOUGH WATER – ugh! But I love me some carbonated water and I have been drinking a ton of that lately – BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…You Won’t Be Waffling Over This!My Profile